Friday, August 6, 2010

Surviving a facial peel

I had to have a chemical face peel lately to help me get rid of skin cancers on my face. Having a procedure on your face is difficult because you feel like you want to hide yourself away afterwards. What you look like to others does affect you.  For about a week I didn't even look like me. 

I am lucky that it is temporary and even 3 weeks on I have still a lot of redness and itching to part of my face. I hope I don't have to have that procedure again but realistically I probably will have to in around 7 years and then there may be advancements in the treatment of skin cancer.

Here is my photo.....giggle....you didnt think I would post one until I have my face all healed did you? This is me though ...just call me the masked woman.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: